The wines of La Tunella embody the fresh liveliness of new and creative energies…but history, memory and tradition remain the solid and enduring corner-stones of the present, constructing the future day after day.
The tale of La Tunella and of the wines that are its precious yield are inseparable from the territory denominated Colli Orientali del Friuli, that has always been considered among the most felicitous for the cultivation of the vine. This is due to the terrain, composed of a mixture of sandstone and marl (called "ponca" in Friulan), and to the microclimate, which is extremely favourable and absolutely unique: the hills of ancient eocenic origin, terraced by assiduous human labour (we are speaking of two thousand hectares of vineyards), are protected on the northern side by the Giulian Pre-Alps, a mighty shield against the chilly winds, and pleasantly warmed by the breezes from the south, that waft in from the Adriatic Sea only a few dozen kilometres away.
The region in the extreme north-east of Italy, in the centre of a triangle formed by Venice, to the west, Austria to the north and Slovenia to the east, lays claim to solid oenological traditions and to 15,400 hectares of vineyards, of which 60% produce white grapes and the remaining 40% red grapes.
Friuli Venezia Giulia is divided into eight wine-growing areas with D.O.C. denominations: Collio, Grave, Isonzo, Carso, Aquileia, Latisana, Annia and Colli Orientali del Friuli. The latter denomination is known throughout the world as an area dedicated to the production of white wines of great excellence and elegance.
Region: Friuli-Venezia Giulia
Alcohol content: 13,5%
Volume: 75 cl.
Grape: 100% Merlot
Name: Colli Orientali del Friuli IGT
Download: Specification Merlot - (1 MB)
By buying this product you can collect up to 12 loyalty points. Your cart will total 12 points that can be converted into a voucher of 0,12 €.